Kelsee and Brooke's Blogs

Thursday, August 7, 2008

SYTYCD Finale Tonight! Did YOU Vote?

Heyyyyyya'll :D So (sorry i say that A LOT!), I am currently baking a cake. Hopefully i don't burn it... And hopefully it works. You see I only had 2 eggs and the recipe called for 3.....so uhmmmm. So yesh, only used two eggs. I don't think it will make to much difference, especially in the taste because according to my foods class last year in school, eggs are just a "leavening agent" or something like that....and so i don't believe leavening has anything whatsoever to do with the taste (which is all i care about!) Ooooooooh I think it's doooone! Yay! It is not burnt! Perfect. It looks like a ginormous sponge though! lol! But it's think and delicious just how i like it. A little tan around the edges and bits in the middle, but I really think I did well with it!

I just re-read what i wrote and when i said "yesh" it totally reminded me of dance camp! In our character class we learned these easy little dances from around the world and one of them you grabbed hands with a person across from you and chanted "Yesh. Yesh. Yesh, yesh yesh yesh!" lol. It was THE funniest thing ever in my life.

As promised I researched the whole etc. vs. ect. thing. Apparently I have been saying it wrong. It is not pronounced "ex-cetra". So i went along and looked up "excetra" on dictionary.com and nothing was what i wanted! So i resorted to looking up "etc." and here is what came up: Et Cetera. Who knew? lol. That would explain why it is etc. because of the "Et C" part. Here's the definintion of "Et Cetra": –adverb
and others; and so forth; and so on (used to indicate that more of the same sort or class might have been mentioned, but for brevity have been omitted): He had dogs, cats, guinea pigs, frogs, et cetera, as pets. Abbreviation: etc.
So. Here is the pronunciation key: [ek-set-er-uh], or [ek-se-truh]. I for one say it the second way. It's understandable how anyone would mistake it as a "ex" sound because "ex" and "ek" sound extremely similar! Hopefully that clears any confusion of ETC.!

Now for abbreviation. There really is no answer to this. It's just a funny coincident! We will just have to ponder of it for forever.

The SYTYCD finale is one tonight, and we will say good bye to yet another season. Season 5, wowza. lol. Make sure to watch. I bet that Joshua will win, but I think Twitch will be runner-up.


"You're beautiful, every little piece, Love",
Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home